Want to learn more about Kawartha Lakes OHT? Take a look at our FAQs and documents below for more information.
Can’t find what you’re looking for? Use the search bar below or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Ontario Health Teams are being introduced to provide a new way of organizing and delivering care that is more connected to patients in their local communities. Under Ontario Health Teams, healthcare providers (including hospitals, doctors and home and community care providers) work as one coordinated team – no matter where they provide care. Visit the Ontario Ministry of Health’s website to learn more.
Providers and organizations in the community that are eligible to join an Ontario Health Team include, but are not limited to, those that provide:
- primary care (including inter-professional primary care and physicians)
- secondary care (e.g., in-patient and ambulatory medical and surgical services (includes specialist services)
- home care
- community support services
- mental health and addictions services
- health promotion and disease prevention services
- rehabilitation and complex care
- palliative care (e.g., hospice)
- residential care and short-term transitional care (e.g., in supportive housing, long-term care homes, retirement homes)
- long-term care home placement
- emergency health services
- laboratory and diagnostic services
- midwifery services, and
- other social and community services and other services, as needed by the population.
Ontario Health Teams are a new model of coordinated care between health and service providers. Our OHT is not a new healthcare provider/clinic.
Many local family health teams require you to first register with Health Care Connect. You may also contact local family health teams directly:
- City of Kawartha Lakes Family Health Team – 705-328-9853
- Kawartha North Family Health Team – 705-887-3535
- Community Health Centre – 705-324-7323
- Brock Community Health Centre – 705-432-3388
There are several after hours clinics in the area, more information can be found here.
Medical advice is also available through Telehealth Ontario: 1-866-797-0000. If you experience a medical emergency, proceed directly to the Emergency Department at any local hospital or call 911 for assistance.
Kawartha Lakes OHT Documents
- How to Use Your iPad, Email and Zoom (June 24, 2021)
- Physician Advisory Council Inaugural Session (November 24, 2020)
- Patient & Family Advisory Council Inaugural Session (November 24, 2020)
- Update #7 to OHT Members and Affiliates (September 21, 2020)
- Kawartha Lakes OHT Full Application (September 18, 2020)
- Update #6 to OHT Members and Affiliates (August 7, 2020)
- Update #5 to OHT Members and Affiliates (July 10, 2020)
- Kawartha Lakes OHT Progress Report (January 20, 2020)
- Update #4 to OHT Members and Affiliates (November 20, 2019)
- Update #3 to OHT Members and Affiliates (October 9, 2019)
- Update #2 to OHT Members and Affiliates (August 16, 2019)
- Update #1 to OHT Members and Affiliates (July 24, 2019)
- Ministry of Health: Notice of “In Development” Status (July 18, 2019)
- Kawartha Lakes OHT Self-Assessment Form (May 15, 2019)