Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What is an Ontario Health Team?
Ontario Health Teams are being introduced to provide a new way of organizing and delivering care that is more connected to patients in their local communities. Under Ontario Health Teams, health care providers (including hospitals, doctors and home and community care providers) work as one coordinated team – no matter where they provide care. Learn more
How can I get a new family doctor?
Ontario Health Teams are a new model of coordinated care between health and service providers. Our OHT is not a new healthcare provider/clinic.
Many local family health teams require you to first register with Health Care Connect. You may also contact local family health teams directly:
- City of Kawartha Lakes Family Health Team – 705-328-9853
- Kawartha North Family Health Team – 705-887-3535
- Community Health Centre – 705-324-7323
- Brock Community Health Centre – 705-432-3388
There are several after hours clinics in the area, more information can be found here.
Medical advice is also available through Telehealth Ontario: 1-866-797-0000. If you experience a medical emergency, proceed directly to the Emergency Department at any local hospital or call 911 for assistance.
Kawartha Lakes OHT Documents
- Physician Advisory Council Inaugural Session (November 24, 2020)
- Patient & Family Advisory Council Inaugural Session (November 24, 2020)
- Update #7 to OHT Members and Affiliates (September 21, 2020)
- Kawartha Lakes OHT Full Application (September 18, 2020)
- Update #6 to OHT Members and Affiliates (August 7, 2020)
- Update #5 to OHT Members and Affiliates (July 10, 2020)
- Kawartha Lakes OHT Progress Report (January 20, 2020)
- Update #4 to OHT Members and Affiliates (November 20, 2019)
- Update #3 to OHT Members and Affiliates (October 9, 2019)
- Update #2 to OHT Members and Affiliates (August 16, 2019)
- Update #1 to OHT Members and Affiliates (July 24, 2019)
- Ministry of Health: Notice of “In Development” Status (July 18, 2019)
- Kawartha Lakes OHT Self-Assessment Form (May 15, 2019)